The US Department of Defense has deemed it appropriate to remove Xiaomi from the black list!


Saturday, May 15, 2021 – 18:17 | Last Updated: 15 05 2021 – 18:18

USA and Xiaomi have compromised. The US government has blacklisted Xiaomi, which was blacklisted under former President Trump, as part of the court decision. Xiaomi was listed as a “Chinese army-linked company” by the US Department of Defense and the Treasury, which is why the company sued the US government earlier this year. The US Department of Defense agreed that it would be appropriate to remove Xiaomi from the blacklist.

It has been reported that the US Department of Defense will remove the Chinese technology company Xiaomi, which was blacklisted during the period of former president Donald Trump, from the black list.

According to the news of NTV, recently in the office of former President Donald Trump, a consensus was reached that it would be appropriate to remove Xiaomi from the blacklist, which was named “Chinese army-linked company” by the US Department of Defense and the Treasury Department.

After the decision, the company’s shares increased by 6 percent in the Hong Kong stock market, and the Xiaomi spokesperson, who was asked about the issue, said that the company closely followed the latest developments without going into details.

While the company’s shares have fallen by 20 percent since the day it was blacklisted in January, it was reported that US investors were unable to invest in the company due to the company’s blacklist.

After Xiaomi was blacklisted by the Donald Trump administration, the company filed a lawsuit against the US government, describing the situation as “illegal and unconstitutional” and denied any ties to the Chinese military.

WHAT HAPPENED?

US President Donald Trump blacklisted nine Chinese companies, including Xiaomi, on suspicion of helping the Chinese military or government, days before handing over the seat.

According to the decision, US investors were banned from investing in Xioami and asked to withdraw their investments.

Xiaomi, on the other hand, issued an official statement following its black list, “The company filed a lawsuit against the United States Department of Defense and the Treasury Department on January 29, 2021, at the District Court of the US Columbia District Court. The company believes that the decision to be blacklisted by the United States Department of Defense and the Treasury Department does not correspond to reality and deprives the company of legal processes, ”he said.