More than just a competition
Young people working in the field of design achieve the production and integration of helicopter design by thinking interdisciplinarily and making complex plans. In addition, students who benefit from the experience of other teams that have successfully designed, examine different design examples and gain very important experiences. While the young people participating in this contest make their designs,
• Determining general technical requirements related to the system,
• Converting general helicopter design requirements to detailed requirements at subsystem and component level before proceeding to the detailed design phase,
• Creating the work packages that will be needed in the design phase,
• Coordinating and optimizing teamwork and work,
• Fulfilling the production activities and processes for the productization of design,
• Ensuring the verification and validity of the resulting product,
• It will achieve gains such as managing all processes in accordance with Project Management principles from the very beginning to the end of the process.
Aiming to increase the interest of young people in the production and development of national technology, a total of over 7 million TL material support is provided to the teams that pass the pre-selection stage this year in order to support the projects of thousands of young people working in these fields. Teams that compete in TEKNOFEST and qualify for the rankings will be awarded more than 5 Million TL.
The Helicopter Design Competition aims to encourage the projection of potential engineering talents to achieve the design problem. The aim of the competition is to create a conceptual design that is applicable in terms of market and industry realities. Participants are expected to focus on design work for a lightweight helicopter with the goal of manufacturability rather than designs based on future technology predictions. In this context, engineering evaluation and decision-making methods applied by the participants, design solutions reflected in the reports will be evaluated in terms of the level of fulfillment of defined design and performance requirements.
Participants in the competition are expected to successfully complete the “Preliminary Design Report” and “Final Design Report” stages. The contest, in which the winner will be awarded 30,000 TL, the second 20,000 TL and the third 10,000 TL, will be held at Atatürk Airport between September 21 and 26.